Parents/Guardians - Please call the Attendance Secretary at 425-837-4810 before 7:30am if your student will be absent or tardy for any reason.
Leave your student's full name, grade, date, reason for absence/tardy, and your name and relationship to the student. Please S L O W L Y spell your student's first and last names.
You may also email the Attendance Secretary
- Late Arrival to School: Sign in with the Attendance Secretary immediately before going to class. Students arriving at school after the bell will have the attendance coded as an unexcused tardy unless they bring a note signed by a parent/guardian or a parent/guardian sends and e-mail or leaves a voice mail.
- Absence from School: Bring a note from your parent/guardian stating the reason for the absence unless the attendance office was already notified by an email or a phone call. Give the note to the Attendance Secretary immediately upon returning to school.
- Early Dismissal: Parent/guardian please notify the attendance office in advance, by emailing, Attendance Secretary, or calling 425-837-4810. The message/e-mail must include the time student needs to be excused and the reason, and if they are returning that day. Students must obtain a dismissal slip if leaving during class. Upon returning the same day, students must sign in with the Attendance Secretary prior to returning to class. If you are picking up your student without prior notification to the attendance office, the dismissal process may take up to 15 minutes.
- Excused and Unexcused Absences: Please refer to District Regulation 3122 below.
- Excessive Excused Absences: You may be asked to provide a doctor's note for excessive excused absences due to illness. If you reach a total of 15 excused absences at any point in the school year, you will be asked to provide a doctor's note to excuse additional absences.
- Pre-Arranged Absence: If a student must miss school for 3 or more days, you may apply for an excused pre-arranged absence. Turn in the Pre-Arranged Absence Form at least 1 week prior to the first day of the absence to be evaluated. It may not be approved if it will cause a serious adverse effect on the student's educational progress. The Pre-Arranged Absence Form is also available at the Attendance Office.
- Athletics and Absences: Students who miss any part of the school day are not permitted to practice or compete without a note from a doctor excusing their absence. Please bring the note to the attendance office upon your arrival/return to school.