Parents/Caregivers - Please call the Attendance Secretary at 425-837-4810 before 7:30 a.m. if your student will be absent or tardy for any reason.
Leave your student's full name, grade, date, reason for absence/tardy, and your name and relationship to the student. Please SLOWLY spell your student's first and last names.
You may also email the Attendance Secretary
Late Arrival to School:
- Students arriving at school after the bell will have the attendance coded as an unexcused tardy/absence unless they bring a note signed by a doctor/parent/caregiver or a parent/caregiver sends an e-mail or leaves a voice mail. Students do not need to stop at the attendance window upon arrival to campus if arriving without one of the above doctor/parent/caregiver excuses.
Absence from School:
- Bring a note from your parent/caregiver stating the reason for the absence unless the attendance office was already notified by an email or a phone call. Give the note to the Attendance Secretary immediately upon returning to school.
- Parent/Caregiver—please notify the attendance office in advance, by emailing the Attendance Secretary, or calling 425-837-4810. The message/e-mail must include the time student needs to be excused and the reason, and if they are returning that day. Students must obtain a dismissal slip if leaving during class and sign out before leaving campus, even if during passing periods. Upon returning the same day, students must sign in with the Attendance Secretary prior to returning to class. If you are picking up your student without prior notification to the attendance office, the dismissal process may take up to 15 minutes. Please plan accordingly.
Excused and Unexcused Absences:
- Please refer to District Regulation 3122.
Excessive Excused Absences:
- You may be asked to provide a doctor's note for excessive excused absences due to illness. If you reach a total of 15 excused absences at any point in the school year, you may be asked to provide a doctor's note to excuse additional absences.
- If a student will miss school for 3 or more consecutive days, you may apply for an excused pre-arranged absence. Turn in the Pre-Arranged Absence Form at least 1 week prior to the first day of the absence to be evaluated. It may not be approved if it will cause a serious adverse effect on the student's educational progress. The Pre-Arranged Absence Form is also available at the Attendance Office
Athletics and Absences:
- Students who miss any part of the school day are not permitted to practice or compete without a note from a doctor excusing their absence. Please bring the note to the attendance office upon your arrival/return to school.
- If you feel a teacher has marked your student absent or tardy for time in which they were present, the student should take an Attendance Correction Form to the teacher. Once it has been signed it must be returned to the Attendance Secretary.
PLEASE NOTE: Teachers have up to 48 hours to fill out these forms. Potential corrections can be viewed in your student’s Skyward Family Access/Attendance. Further questions should be directed to your student’s teacher.